Friday, July 20, 2012

Getting Ready for My Father's World 1st Grade


I have been busy getting ready for 1st grade!  I am using My Father's World again this year.  (Click on homeschool links above to read all about our Kindergarten year).  I love this curriculum and plan on sticking with them all the way through, unless it stops working for us, of course.  The best thing about it, is that it weaves the bible into every subject.  Caleb will even be using a Bible Reader to practice reading, and will be copying a new psalm every week to practice handwriting.  I chose to use Rod and Staff Preschool with Rebekah this year, and then she will redo MFWK next year. 

The picture above?  It's a math activity for 1st grade.  The teachers manual recommended using a square of fabric, 8 x 8.  Of course, I didn't want it to fray, so I sewed two squares together and top stitched them.  Sewing and homeschooling combined, perfect!  This is a math game to help him understand addition better.

We're planning on starting our year in August, so stay tuned for more about our homeschool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...